Enyeama Excited Over NFF Plans For His 100th Cap

Vincent Enyeama has expressed his ecstasy at plans by the Nigeria Football Federation to honour him on the occasion of his hundredth senior cap for Nigeria.

The Super Eagles’ goalkeeper and skipper, presently at 99 caps, will notch his century when Nigeria takes on Bolivia in an international friendly at the Akwa Ibom Stadium on Thursday, March 26.


“Nothing matches being recognized by your own country. I am very excited at the prospect of reaching 100 caps, and more so at the decision by the NFF to honour me on the day.


“The NFF media department has also been speaking with me and I have followed the publicity they have generated about it. It is a delight. I am also excited by the fact that it will happen in Uyo, my hometown. What a great honour!”



Of his 99 caps so far, the three –time FIFA World Cup star picks the Nigeria/Argentina FIFA World Cup match at the Ellis Park Stadium, Johannesburg on June 12, 2010, as his best so far.

“Yeah, I can tell you that is one match I will always remember. I was highly inspired, and although we lost, I was selected the Man of the Match. We lost 0-1 but Lionel Messi did not scores. That was some sort of joy for me.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland