Rasheed Balogun: They Are Not After The Result Of Shooting Stars, They Are After What They Will Get From Shooting Stars

Photograph by www.gongnews.com

Shooting Stars Sports Club, General Manager Rasheed Balogun let the cat out of the bag in Abuja last week Friday when he disclosed to newsmen that some elements are trying to frustrate his efforts managing Oluyole Warriors.

The experienced club manager stated that these people are after their own interest at the detriment of the club interest.

“I'm going through hell from some elements at the club.

"When I came on board there was nothing like board members but when we were approaching the mid season, four board members joined us out of which we had a chairman. After a week another five board members also joined too. Among the five that came in, two of them played a huge role in the club's relegation to the Nigeria National League in 2013,” he explained.

“In the last few days these people claimed in a newspaper publication that there is marginalisation by the General Manager of 3SC.“I'm not surprised that 3SC usually go on relegation.

"How can you work effectively when they just hold board meetings without the consent of those in charge? It's the job of the chairman to call for meetings.

“These board members like to hold us to ransom, they collect monies for home and away matches yet they are not satisfied with what we have done. I also gave them New Year legacies. They are not after the result of Shooting Stars, they are after what they will get from Shooting Stars. What else do they want?

“If care is not taken I will throw in the towel. I can't work with board members who want me to tell them the players my coaches will recruit. I have received lots of insults from them and I don't think it will continue.

"If it continues I will have to resign my post. Instead of these people to give me the accolade for the success recorded, they are trying to bring me down.

“I want newspaper editors to balance stories before publishing them. We deserve to be given a benefit of doubt too.

“If I throw in the towel the good people of 3SC shouldn't be surprised.

“We have just started, we don't have money, my players don't carry plaque cards all around like other clubs. I know how I manage my players. The government have been trying their best in providing the millions of naira for the prosecution of our matches.

“I'm not a politician.The Governor has told these selfish people to campaign in their respective local governments and make sure they try their best for his administration.

“The chairman has been trying his best, he has always given his support to our programmes and plans"he concluded.

Rasheed Balogun led Julius Berger to the continental cup final, he won the league with Dolphins football club of Port Harcourt,  he also worked with Sunshine Stars and gained promotion with them in 2006.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland