Melai Set To Return To Action In May


Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side Lobi Stars of Markudi goalkeeper Terkaa Melai has revealed that he will be returning to action in May.



Melai copped an ankle injury before the start of the 2014/2015 NPFL season in training when he was preparing for the new season alongside his team mates two months ago at the refurbished Aper Aku Stadium in Makurdi.


The Shotstopper disclosed in an interview that he will be making a return to full action in May, he also added that he has been training on his own for the the past to weeks in a bid to gain full match fitness before joining the team.


"The past two months has been challenging for me due to the injury I picked up in training at Aper Aku Stadium but thank God I'm back I'm fit again, injury is one thing players don't pray for but whenever it comes we accept it in good faith and look for away to get out of it.


"I have been training on my own for the past two weeks now, I will be joining the team any time soon, and wait for the management to examine me and see what they would say but I'm hopeful of returning to my goal keeping role in May" he said.


Lobi Stars are not finding life easy this season in the NPFL, they are yet to win a game after six league matches but Melai believe his team will bounce back to winning ways.


"Our performance in the league so far is not convincing considering the fact that we are among the big team in the land and the caliber of players and the technical crew we have in the team, I mean we don't have any reason whatsoever to be in the position we are on the league table.



"I'm  consoled for the fact that the season is just starting and I believe we will surely turn the tides around for good" he concluded.


As a goalkeeper Melai found the back of the net for Lobi Stars nine times last season from the spot, he's one of the best safe hands in the NPFL.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland