Dolphins’ Zikiye Explains Wonder Goal Against FC Taraba


 

Dolphins’ full back, Jonathan Zikiye has explained his 35 yard strike in Jalingo against FC Taraba last Wednesday.

 

Zikiye got the ball in his own half, took a step forward and shot the ball from distance to beat Chinedu Kawawa in goal for FC Taraba.

 

“I wasn’t really expecting to score but when the ball came, I gave it a try and then saw it in the net.

 

“Actually, I called for the ball and when it came, I touched it once and looked up to see the keeper off his line and I gave it a try,” Zikiye said.

 

Zikiye expressed his joy at the goal in a league that he calls “a difficult one.”

 

“I’m happy and excited because it is not easy for a defender to score in a difficult league and that was my second goal of the season."

 

Zikiye adds that he cannot join those who say his goal can be the best this season.

 

“I have not yet watched the clips of the goal so I cannot judge now if it can be in the running for goal of the season.

 

“Those that are in charge will be in the best position to say where my goal ranks,” he said.

 

And as regards the position of his club, Dolphins on the table, Zikiye said this

 

“We hope to get back on track after the break. You all know we started poorly this season but everything is still in place and we believe we can give the fans something to smile about by the time the season ends.”

Comments

  1. well done my guy, very soon the whole world will sort for your signature

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland