Indiscipline kills career of most players, says Duke Udi




By Seyi Akanni


Former Nigeria International, Duke Udi has informed that, football runs in the veins of his family and his emergence was just once in a blue moon, he revealed that football finally made him to live his dreams.


While featuring on Family United By Football Personality Interview, Duke who started his career with Concord FC in 1993 and was part of the victorious  league winning squad of Shooting Stars F.C. in 1995 said that, hardwork, dedication and discipline should be the watchword of any serious footballer.


"My family is a football family, I used to follow three of my elder brothers to training, my brother was the captain of NPA of Warri and I do follow him keenly as a kid. My parents also love football and they suppoted our career.


"When I was active, indiscipline affected me from reaching the ultimate goal. As a talented player, l believed that, something good would come easy. Discipline is the keyword, I do tell my players that talent will come and go but with discipline they will get to the top and dazzle," Duke who earned his coaching license in USA and worked with defunct Giwa F.C. in 2014 told FUBF.


Udi who joined Rangers Int'l as an assistant coach to Imama Amapakabo later joined Osun United in 2017 as Head Coach and produced one of the best team the Omoluabi Giants ever had berates most of the Football Administrators for cooping up gaffers in a way to dishonor and discredit their works.


"Nigeria employers will give you a job and still tell you how the work will be done, l don't take no for answer, l played the game in Nigeria and abroad and I know the setting. I don't compromise the standard for nothing.


"Walking away doesn't mean I don't know how to compromise but no, I won't do it. Football is a reality that makes people happy, in our clime, hypocrisy is the order of the day. They bring players who cannot even kick the ball for you to sign, for me I can't take it because it's always  'merit over origin'.



"I played and worked under merit driven coaches and when you start telling me ABC when it's not, then I will pack my bag and go. This is a job for professionals, talking football is different from playing football. If you are telling me this is what you want and I know it's not normal, I will just walk away," the merchant tactician who featured for Grasshopper FC of Switzerland in the 1995–96 UEFA Champions League noted.


Duke who worked as assistant to John Obuh in Akwa Utd, eulogized the lifestyles of late Chief Taiwo Joseph Ogunjobi and Elder Paul Bassey. He described both men as exemplary leaders with integrity and highly professional.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland