Dogo upbeat ahead of tight Ogunjobi Gold Cupy final


Coach Kabir Dogo is optimistic that Sunshine Stars will beat Niger Tornadoes in the Ogunjobi Gold Cup Tourney final.


The 7th edition of the nation's prestigious pre-season tourney comes to its climax today (Saturday) at the Kwara State Stadium Complex, with 3pm as kick off time.


Speaking after the Owena Whales emerged victorious against Kwara Utd via a 4-2 penalties after their semi-final tie ended 1-1.


"Let me be modest, all the team that has come this far in the tourney can win the final. Tornadoes or Coach Abubakar Bala are not new to me, as I feel we are up against Kwara United again.


"For me I saw one or two loop holes in Tornadoes during their semis against Remo Stars, so be rest assured that we'll profit from it on the final."


On his team's readiness as they have only managed less than five goals in the tourney.


"I don't have a perfect team but I have players that can make the difference as what has kept us going is the continuity in the team.


"I want to thank my employer's for thinking in line with the technical crew and for approving we be part of the tourney despite some financial constraints.


"We promise to make our fans back in Akure proud making a history today  (Saturday)."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland