Super Eagles’ Ishaq Rafiu Makes League Debut In Europe

 



Super Eagles forward, Ishaq Rafiu, has finally made his debut for Slovenian top side, NK Maribo, after his move from the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side, Rivers United to Europe.


Having made the matchday squad in one or two occasions, Ishaq was called upon to make his first appearance in Europe, on Saturday in his team’s 1-0 defeat at NK Olimpija, in the Slovenian Top League.


The 21-year-old Super Eagles left-footed winger, who can play in any position in the attack, replaced Andraž Žinič, in the seventh minute of the 14th added time, after 90 minutes, and played for five minutes before the game ended.


“I would say I’m happy in away to make my debut with my new team, because I have been waiting for this moment. 


“It would have been a special moment for me if we had won or drew the game.


“This is Football where you win or lose, but I love to win all the time, and I’m very confident that we will come out good in our next game,”Ishaq said during an interview on Sunday.


NK Maribor who are 5th on the Slovenian Prva League table, will face Limbu Perke at home on Monday, at the Ljudski vrt Stadium, in the second round of the Slovenian Football Cup

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland