Jelili: Elkanemi Is Bringing Out The Best Out Of Me

Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side, Elkanemi Warriors star, Jelili Akinbode has stated that the Borno side had done him more good than harm by bringing out the hidden footballing skills in him in the first stanza of the 2013/2014 season of the apex league in the country, he told Nigeria Sports Arena.

The former Akwa Starlets defender teamed up with the Borno Warriors  at the beginning of the season, precisely on the 7th of March, 2014 for an undisclosed fee after helping the Uyo based side got to the 2013 Federation Cup quarterfinals where they suffered a 2-1 defeat in the hands of NPFL side Lobi Stars in Enugu.

Jelili relishes his topflight experience in the first half of the season exclusively to BFC News" when I came to Elkanemi Warriors at the beginning of the season, I was happy to be part of the team because it was a great achievement for me to play in the NPFL.

"At the beginning of the season things were not too rosy for me and I understood the fact that it was another challenge I have to face in my football career, I kept on training hard in order to get selected, and when the opportunity beckons I grabbed it with all seriousness.

"I made seven appearances for my team playing from the centre back, I made two assists, I was yellow - carded against Enugu Rangers. I'm full of joy because playing for Elkanemi is bringing out the hidden footballing skills in him, I also learn how to play under pressure as well.

"The entire coaching crew are loving people and I hope to achieve great success with the team come the end of the season" the 5ft ,11ichdefender concluded. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland