AFRICAN WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS: Adekuoroye gunning for Gold

World silver-medalist Odunayo Adekuoroye says she is fully prepared and focused on winning a 4th gold medal at the 2018 African Wrestling Championships which begin in Port Harcourt at the Alfred Diete-Spiff Civic Centre on First.

 

The 3-time African Champion added that her participation in Season 3 of the Pro Wrestling League in India served as preparation for the African Championships.

 

In a chat with NWF Media, the 24-year old, who will be fighting in the 57kg weight class expressed optimism in her chances of excelling at the tournament.

 

“I believe I have trained, and the Pro Wrestling League in India has really helped me too to prepare for this (African) Championships,” the 2014 Commonwealth gold-medalist said.

 

“So I believe I’m full prepared, and I believe by the special grace of God, something good will come out.”

 

Speaking of what should be expected from her in the tournament, Adekuoroye said: “They should expect good from me because I’m ready to defend my title.

 

“I wouldn’t want to disgrace my country, and I wouldn’t want to disgrace my fans too.

 

“So I believe by the special grace of God, I’m going for gold,” she said.

 

The 2018 African Wrestling Championships starts in Port Harcourt on Wednesday (today), 7thFebruary and ends on 11th February. The opening ceremony of the event takes place by 6:30pm local time.

 

The Wrestling Sensation is expected to take to the mat on the final day of competition.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Osayi Kingdom’s Biography