I was quoted out of context, I didn't lambast President Buhari- Alhaji Kawu

Chairman Nationwide League One (NLO) Alhaji Ahmad Kawu, has said that he was quoted out of context following an online publication which was released credited to him claiming that the Federal Government is not paying attention to the preparation of National Teams for major competition.

Kawu's comment in a pally with friends was blown out of proportion.

The online publication making the rounds quoted Kawu wrongly and painted him in bad light claiming that he lambasted  President Muhammadu Buhari. 

Speaking to newsmen, Kawu said he can't and will never lambast the President for any reason.

"First and foremost I will like to say that I was quoted out of context, I am a Muslim, I have respect and I respect leadership, am a leader in my constituency and people respects me a lot and nobody has come out to lambast me and that does not stop people from coming to meet me, to tell me I'm wrong or I'm right, but for clarity I didn't lambast Mr. President."

"I want to use this opportunity to apologize to Mr. President and to anyone that misunderstood me or misheard me for what have been captioned for or published. I didn't say anything negative and I will not say anything that will bring the presidency into disrepute," Kawu clearly stated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland