UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE: I have been waiting all my life for this vibe - Odey


Nigerian international, Stephen Odey has proclaimed that he has been longing for a UEFA Europa League experience after his debut against AEK Larnaca FC of Nicosia two days ago.

Odey's team FC Zurich beat AEK Larnaca FC 1-0 away from home on Thursday, 20, September 2018 at the GSP stadium to secure their first three points in the Europa League group stage courtesy of a well taken 61st minute penalty kick scored by Benjamin Kololli.

FCZ put up a defiant display and disturbed the opponent early in the game. The Cypriots were given little room for creativity on the offensive with fast counterattacks. 

Odey who was substituted in the 75th minute with Assan Ceesay had a chance to score his first Europa League goal in the 15th minute of the exchange when his effort went centimeters off the post.

The 20 year-old striker said in a chat with nigeriasports.blogspot.com " I am really excited. I have been waiting all my life for this type of vibe and I am happy it finally came."

" I thank God for my Europa League debut and most Importantly the team's away victory and my debut. These are  the kind memories I want to savour and I believe that more of it will still come my way," Stephen told nigeriasports.blogspot.com.


FC Zurich next assignment in the championship on Sunday, September 23, 2018, with an  home match against FC Lucerne while the  next match in the Europa League will take place on October 4, 2018 against the PFC Ludogorets also in Letzigrund.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland