Zikiye: "I arrived early because I needed to train"

 

Dolphins left full back, Jonathan Zikiye says he needed to get back to training quickly, hence early arrival in camp.

 

Zikiye was the first player to report to camp at Dolphins and saw himself alone in the building for a couple of days before the likes of Chigozie Ihunda, Daniel Israel and Sunday Rotimi joined him.

 

Zikiye explained that after the FA Cup final against Enyimba on November 23, 2014, he needed to start training early for the task ahead.

 

“I cannot tell why my colleagues did not turn up early because we all got the information at the same time that the camp had opened.

 

“For me, I felt the need to train since I had rested for over a month.

 

“I didn’t want to relax too much because of the task ahead. We have the CAF Confederation Cup and then the league so I thought it was time to get back to training,” Zikiye said.

 

After joining Dolphins from Nembe City last season, Jonathan Zikiye deputized for first choice full back, Chidiebere Okolie.

 

He got his debut on April 30, 2014 against Abia Warriors, a game he scored in.

 

Zikiye went on to play more than 25 games in all competitions for the club last season

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Onuachu, Onyedika, Onyeka Visit Boyhood Club FC Ebedei

FIFA Hit Banik Ostrava With Transfer Ban Over 36 Lion's Outstanding Transfer Fees

Lotus Bank Abeokuta 10km Race: Bukola Olopade Is The Best Organiser Of Sporting Events In Nigeria, Says Oba Of Egbaland